TO: Members of the Senate
FROM: Secretary of the Senate
SUBJECT: Senate Meeting on October 5, 2000
DATE: September 26, 2000
The October meeting of the University Senate will be held on Thursday, October 5, 2000, at 4:05 p.m. in room 7, Gamble Hall.
1) Announcements-(see Attachment #1. At the September 7,
2000 meeting, the Provost promised to supply information on new program
dollar allocatons. That information is provided in this attachment.)
2) Minutes of the previous meeting and business arising from the minutes.
3) Question Period.
4) Annual Report of the Senate Faculty Instructional Development Committee. Richard Landry, Chair. (see Attachment #2.)
5) Annual Report of the Senate Compensation Committee. Anne Gerber, Chair. (see Attachment #3.)
6) Annual Reports of the Honors Program Committee. Andrea Zevenbergen, Chair. (see Attachment #4.)
7) Recommendation from the Academic Policies and Admissions Committee and the Student Academic Standards Committee for a new admission status [continued from May 4, 2000 Senate Meeting]. Randy Lee, Senate Chair. (see Attachment #5.)
8) Status of the AAC/CCF project to create grievance/mediation definitions and procedures. These would implement the new Board of Higher Education policy which substitutes those processes for the Special Review Committee. Scot Stradley, Senior UND CCF Representative and President, CCF.
9) Preliminary response of CCF to the Legislative Council Interim Committee on Higher Education ("Roundtable") Report. Scot Stradley, Senior UND CCF Representative and President, CCF. (see Attachment #6.)
10) Recommendation of the Senate Legislative Affairs Committee regarding the Roundtable Report and legislation proposed to implement that report. Rob Kweit, Chair.
11) Senate Executive Committee recommendation for a Senate Bylaws amendment to clarify that the immediate past chair serves on that Committee even if no longer a member of the University Senate, and to provide for a replacement should the immediate past chair be unavailable to serve. Randy Lee, Senate Chair. (see Attachment #7.)
12) Resolution (following) regarding respective roles of the Graduate Committee and the Senate Curriculum Committee regarding changes in graduate courses and programs. Rob Kweit.
Be it resolved that the University Senate
designates the Graduate Committee to review all graduate curricula issues
and report directly to the University Senate for action.