FROM: Secretary of the Senate
SUBJECT: Senate Meeting on December 7, 2000
DATE: November 27, 2000
The December meeting of the University Senate will be held on Thursday, December 7, 2000, at 4:05 p.m. in room 7, Gamble Hall.
2) Minutes of the previous meeting and business arising from the minutes.
3) Question Period.
4) Annual Report of the Senate Continuing Education, Distance Education and reach Committee. Don Moen, Chair. (See Attachment #1.)
5) Annual Report of the Senate Legislative Affairs Committee. Robert Kweit, Chair. (See Attachment #2.
6) Annual Report of the Senate Library Committee. Charles Robertson, Chair. (See Attachment #3.)
7) Annual Report of the Student Policy Committee. Rebecca Urlacher, Chair. (See Attachment #4.)
8) Candidates for Degrees in December, 2000. Nancy Krogh, University Registrar. (See Attachment #5.)
9) Senate Executive Committee recommendation for a Senate Bylaws amendment by adding the following language to the end of the present bylaw on Officers:
In the event of any vacancy in the office of Chair, the Vice Chair shall become the Chair. In the event of any vacancy in the office of Vice Chair, the Committee on Committees shall at the next regular meeting of the Senate nominate at least two elected members, the Chair must ask for nominations from the floor, and the Senate shall elect a new Vice Chair from all the nominees.Randy Lee, Senate Chair. (See Attachment #6.)
10) Recommendations from the Curriculum Committee for New Academic Program Requests; New Academic Program Requests with New Courses; Change of Title of Department, Major, Minor Requests; New Course Requests; Course Deletion Requests; Course Change Requests; and Change in Program Requirement Requests. David Perry, Chair. (See Attachment #7.)